Background

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chicago and Girls' Weekend

A week after Jeremy and I returned from Disney World, I left for an interior design expo in Chicago for 5 days. Again, lots of walking, but we couldn't pass up the chance to do a little tourism in the evenings.
Waiting in line for the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier.

The view from the top of the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier.


Buckingham Fountain while we waited for the Art Institute free hours at 5 pm.



A Black Hawks helmet on the lion outside the Art Institute after they won the Stanley Cup.

The Friday I returned from Chicago, my sisters and mom came to Kansas City for some girl time. We spent a lot of time taking pictures of my beautiful little sister for her senior pictures. We also managed to get a little photoshoot in for Carmen and the three of us together.

I think the pictures turned out beautifully. Carmen took most of the pictures while mom and I offered suggestions for poses and ensured that Val was lookin' good, not that she needed much help.









I love these shoes, and this picture!

These are the unedited pictures. Carmen has edited and cropped some of them on her blog.
Other than taking pictures, we ventured into an Architectural salvage store, through the Farmer's Market downtown, and to my favorite fabric store in downtown Overland Park.
I think we decided that we need to make a Girls' weekend atleast an annual event.

1 comment:

  1. I missed this post. That weekend sure was fun...thanks so much for hosting...and thanks to jeremy for letting us have you after you were away all week. Oh, and one last thanks for not posting my "sexy" shot. :)

    ReplyDelete