Background

Friday, February 5, 2010

Agglomeration

I am sorry I am not very good at this whole blog deal. I guess I feel like we don't have many exciting things going on that everyone really wants to take the time to read about. We don't have kids or pets... yet to talk about, but I will try to do better at documenting the little things that get us excited. I know I've said that before, but what can ya do? I don't know what we would do if we did have kids right now. I feel like we would be running around like chickens with our heads cut off, even more so than I already do.

Speaking of running, Jeremy and I are training for a half marathon. I know I've said that before too, but this time I think it's really happening. I have actually started to enjoy running. It's been encouraging to go run 5 miles and actually feel good during and afterward instead of complaining to Jeremy the whole time. I think he enjoys it a little more this way too. So, we are signing up for the Olathe Marathon on April 10th if any of you want to join us or watch us stumble over the finish line! Let's all pray for beautiful weather on race day! It would sure make it more enjoyable.

As for the house, we are still loving home ownership. The house is kind of a mess right now as we are finishing the basement. Jeremy's brother, Alex came down a little over a month ago while Jeremy was still on break from school to help frame, run electrical, and hang some drywall. They worked so hard and got a lot done that we could not have done ourselves. Carrying the drywall in and down the stairs proved to be enough of a challenge itself. I had to become okay with having the house be a disaster during the time they were working and it's still pretty messy with lots of dust throughout the house. I haven't gotten too motivated to do a thorough dusting because in a few weeks, one of my coworkers is coming to teach us how to and help us tape and mud the drywall. That, and I don't feel like we've had much time at home to do so. Oh well. Hopefully some of that will happen on my 3-day weekend coming up(thank you President's Day!).

After the drywall finishing, we are hoping that it goes faster. We ordered carpet tile for the basement that I am very excited about! One of the many perks to being and interior designer is getting discounted finishes like that. It was a discontinued pattern so we got it for 88 cents/s.f.... commercial grade carpet tile!! That's much cheaper than broadloom that you can get at Home Depot and it should last forever... or close to it.


Area after coming down the stairs where the tv will be.




Looking back toward the stairs. Closet under the stairs.




Future play room to the left of the stairs.




Play area and storage room


Adding to the messiness of the house, I have temporarily moved part of my craft room to the living room. Jeremy was so sweet to offer to bring my sewing machine downstairs and set it up on the card table so that I could watch tv, hang out with him, and not feel so isolated upstairs by myself while I work on my sewing project. What is the project? I'm so glad you asked. Now don't get suspicious, no bun in the oven, but it is a cloth book for our future children. With all the blogs that I read, I have come accross "quiet books" multiple times and thought they looked so fun. I am finding out that they are also very tedious and I may have gotten in over my head. I guess I have plenty of time to work on it before the little ones come. As I am working on it though, it is fun to think about our kids playing with it and using their imagination along with learning their alphabet. :) These pages aren't finished, but they have the most progress out of any of them. I will try to post more pictures as they get more complete. Most of these idea were not my own. I compiled a lot of them from looking at multiple blogs.


Apple - half of it folds back.



Barn(sorry it got turned) - inside the barn doors are 3 finger puppets, pig, chicken, and cow.



Clock with hands that move



Dog on a leash


Nest with eggs that have little felt chicks inside.



Shoe that will eventually have shoelaces to tie.


Now for the most important part, Jeremy and I are trying to plan a vacation. This will be a first for us other than our honeymoon. We are on a budget, and are up for going anywhere from Colorado and doing outdoorsy stuff to going to Washington D.C. and spending the majority of the time sight-seeing and getting educated. Anyone have any suggestions?? I would love to hear about some of your favorite places to go.

This weekend other than celebrating Valentines day with my favorite person in the world, I get to go wedding dress shopping with Jeremy's sister and mom. I am so excited to get to be a part of this special time with them! I guess that's it for now. I will try my best to do better at this whole blog deal. I'll set a goal of once a month for now.... :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't know how I missed this post...just saw it now. Great work on that book! I've heard they are a TON of work! The basement looks great...look forward to seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your post today, too. I love the quiet book--we used to have a similar book to play with at church, but yours looks like soo much work!

    ReplyDelete